MARKETING DIRECTOR, NETWORK RADIO – NY April 15, 2010
Westwood One is the largest independent provider of network radio programming and the largest provider of traffic information in the U.S. Westwood One serves more than 5,000 radio and TV stations in the U.S. The Company provides over 150 news, sports, music, talk and entertainment programs, features and live events to numerous media partners. Our MARKETING DIRECTOR will develop marketing and sales support strategies for ad sales, targeting priority clients, categories, agencies and Team Impact sales opportunities.
Ad Sales Marketing
· Create effective, competitive, creative sales presentations and marketing materials.
· Participate in Network sales meetings and manager calls with ideas for generating incremental revenue through creative promotions for network radio and digital clients
· Coordinate with Metro Traffic counterpart on Team Impact sales opportunities.
· Develop promotional tie-ins for major advertising prospects and/or clients.
· Increase the branding impact of , and revenue opportunities for, network “signature events” (Superbowl, Olympics, ACM, etc)
Affiliate Sales Marketing
· Work with affiliate sales contact to oversee creation of Affiliate marketing materials for network talent and other programming.
· Coordinate marketing plans for network programming and talent in news/talk, entertainment, and, where requested, sports.
· Manage network marketing budget.
· Manage priorities for marketing team, including shared resources (Creative, PR, Events)
· With head of, participate in identifying data-driven strategic opportunities for Network
· Minimum of 8 years experience in media sales and/or marketing at a media company.
· Experience working with media agencies and advertising clients in a range of categories.
· Experience in developing media sales strategies.
· Demonstrated creativity in overseeing the creation of promotional concepts, ideas and implementation.
· Track record of attention to detail in implementing promotions and events.
· Experience working with other marketing functions, including creative, events, and digital.
· Ability to work with talent.
· Ability to work with affiliate sales and station management.
Westwood One offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including health, dental and vision, 401(k) Plan, and much more.
For additional information on Westwood One please visit our website
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Westwood One takes pride in maintaining a balanced and diverse workforce and actively seeks out people who enrich our talent pool.
If you feel that you have the qualifications necessary to excel in this role, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com Please be sure to include MARKETING DIRECTOR, NETWORK RADIO – NY in the subject line of your email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.