Associate Marketing Manager, Smithsonian Media December 13, 2011
Smithsonian Media seeks an Associate Marketing Manager in our Grand Central location to be actively involved in marketing and merchandising for all Smithsonian Media properties. Smithsonian Media is comprised of the advertising-related business of Smithsonian Enterprises, including Smithsonian, Air & Space and goSmithsonian magazines; Smithsonian.com, Airspacemag.com, gosmithsonian.com as well as Smithsonian Channel television advertising sales.
· Complete immersion in the trade news / happenings within the designated industries to become category resource for sales team.
· Work — in conjunction with sales, research and marketing team– to assist in the evaluation of the status of the category, suggesting/identifying opportunities and develop a category strategy to increase sales.
· Creation of sales materials including assigned sell sheets and targeted outreach efforts that further the sales strategy.
· Provides support for all print, digital, and integrated RFPs from assigned sales partners.
· Works with sales partners on presentation needs and customized sales materials.
· Manages execution of sold through added value and integrated programs.
· Develop programs and packages for target accounts.
· Develop special advertising sections for the categories/target accounts.
· Leverage existing Smithsonian assets (i.e. National Zoo, Air & Space, etc.) to create integrated marketing programs for the category/target accounts.
· Serve as liaison between marketing and ad sales on assigned projects that are related to designated categories and sales partners.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four year college or university and 3 to 5 years experience in media, advertising, and marketing industry.
· Specific knowledge and understanding of marketing.
· Knowledge of the magazine sales process
· Solid experience developing sales promotion materials
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy and follow through
· Excellent communication skills
· Proven track record of creative and effective marketing strategy.
Salary: $38k – $45k annually, Depending on Experience. Excellent Benefits programs
To apply, please email resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please include job title in subject line)
Application materials received without salary information will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
Local Candidates only. Relocation expenses are not paid.
Final candidate selection will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a pre-employment background check and subsequent background investigation.
Applicants are asked to complete and forward an optional Applicant Survey form available at http://www.sihr.si.edu/Forms/Applicant_Survey_Form.PDF.